El Paso Lawyers Pursuing Compensation for Serious Injuries
Catastrophic and serious injuries can prevent you or a family member from living the life you’ve dreamed about up until now. In one day, your life was changed forever because of someone else’s negligent or indifferent behavior. A serious injury affects you and everyone around you. While you must spend your time and energy recovering and seeing doctors and therapists, the anxiety and worry that comes along can be overwhelming for everyone.
If you have sustained the following kinds of injuries in a motor vehicle accident, at work or by a defective product, please call us for help.
Recovering Compensation for Clients With Catastrophic Injuries
- Loss of a limb or amputation due to a traumatic accident: Often, amputees have ongoing medical problems and experience serious side effects such as pain and tenderness at the site, wounds that fail to heal, infections, stiffness and Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome.
- Broken bones and fractures: Bones can break in a few different ways and may not always heal perfectly. Compound fractures, those that puncture the skin are quite difficult to treat. Either type of bone injury can cause serious permanent problems and long-term pain.
- Burns and scarring from burns: Burn injuries are some of the most painful and longest lasting injuries. Explosions, chemicals or fires all can cause serious, irreparable injuries internally and externally.
- Neck, back or spine injuries: These types of injuries are some of the most common that result from auto accidents or falls. Mostly, they are soft-tissue injuries that affect the muscles and ligaments. Pain in the spine may be due to a ruptured, bulging or herniated disc between the vertebrae that pinches a nerve.
- Spinal cord injuries: If you are unable to move parts of your body or lose function or feeling in a limb, foot or hand, it is likely due to a spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injuries are extremely serious and usually permanent.
- Lung and pulmonary injuries from chemical exposure or inhalation: You many not notice symptoms of a chemical exposure illness for months or even years after your initial exposure. However, years of working in factories using chemicals, or inhaling coal dust or asbestos have caused cancer and other serious illness in workers.
- Traumatic brain injury: This is the result of sudden physical damage to the brain when your head forcefully hits a metal post, for example, or a sharp object pierces the brain. Most traumatic brain injuries happen in car accidents or sports injuries and are noticeable almost immediately.
- Wrongful death: This is a claim by family members of someone killed because of another person’s conduct. Survivors are entitled to compensation for the loss of benefits that the deceased provided, including income, insurance and loss of companionship.
Don’t Trust Insurance Companies
If possible, do not speak to anyone associated with an insurance company before you talk with a lawyer. The insurance companies do not have your best interest in mind and will try to pay out as little as possible. They will twist anything you say to them to work for their benefit, not yours.
It’s likely that an agent from one or more insurance company will contact you very soon after an accident. They know you are vulnerable, panicked and eager to resolve matters. They will take advantage of your anxiety over money, medical bills and your future to try to get you to accept a small settlement. If you sign anything, you may lose any right to sue them in the future. Most people who do rush to sign a release regret a settlement that comes about this way.
Serious Injuries Require Expert Legal Help
Contact us or call one of our experienced attorneys to guide you at 915-206-2828. At a time when you are exhausted and overwhelmed, don’t rely on an insurance company to act in your best interest. Call us first to protect your rights.